Having to experience inconveniences on your camping trip is always a cause or irritability. That’s the last thing anyone needs on their leisure day in nature. Having a screen house can help keep some of the common sources of irritability away.
If you find yourself fighting the bugs and loading the vehicle with bug sprays, not being able to find the spot in the shade and other similar inconveniences, it’s worth investing some time in research so that you could find the best screen house for a picnic table for your needs. It will keep the bugs and the sun away and give you an opportunity to put your mind at ease.
It’s important that you have more space left under the tent than just to fit the picnic table from side to side. In that way, you leave room for people to pass, to bring food easier and get out of the tent easier as well. Overall, you want to aim to have at least one foot of space between the side of a tent and picnic table.
|Camping Screen Tents Dimensions||Picnic Table Dimension|
|8 x 8 ft||6 ft long|
|9 x 9 ft||7 ft long|
|10 x 10 ft||8 ft long|
|12 x 12 ft||10 ft long|
|14 x 14 ft||12 ft long|
Those are universal guides. If the screen tent footprint has rectangular or hexagonal shape, just make sure that you have at least one foot of space from each of four sides of the table.
Best Screen House For Picnic Table 2020 Comparison Table
The Comparison table is supposed to help you in your search for the best screen house for camping and similar purposes. That’s why the table is focused mostly on technical features like size, weight and similar. If you are interested in more details, make sure to read the reviews.
1. Coleman Screened Canopy Tent with Instant Setup
This instant screen room is made out of double-thick fabric which can keep you safe from weather elements for a short period of time. In case of stronger rain, you should seek alternative shelter. The material is UVGuard and its main feature is sun protection. It can protect you from UPF 50+ sunrays.
The instant screen room has an instant setup feature which allows you to have your tent ready in three minutes. It features a screen wall that keeps mosquitoes at bay, but it doesn’t have floor which leaves them an entrance point.
It’s got two doors that allow access from both sides. If you plan on using it with many people, two doors will definitely make the movement easier. Furthermore, it comes in the wheeled bag whose main purpose is to lessen the strain of carrying and enable you to transport and store the tent easily.
2. Tailgaterz Magnetic Screen House
The size of this shelter is 11 x 9 feet.
It’s made out of steel, which is known to be sturdy and durable. Another material that’s involved in construction is fiberglass. The mesh walls will keep mosquitoes out of the tent while, at the same time, allowing the air to circulate and for you to enjoy the feeling of being outside.
The set up requires two people but it’s not complicated. It can get done in 15 – 30 minutes.
The Tailgaterz Screen house features two doors on opposite sides but one of them is magnetic. They will allow you to pass without touching them, which makes it a great tent to make the cocktail gathering in – you can carry many glasses on the tray and not have to use the hands to open the doors.
3. Gazelle 21500 G6 Pop-Up Portable 6-Sided Hub Gazebo/Screen Tent
The dimensions of this tent is 86” x 124 ” x 92”. It can fit a maximum of eight people. The 124” is the distance from one hub to the another.
The materials of the roof are UV and water-resistant. It will protect you from the sun rays with a UV 50+ factor and its water-resistant feature will protect you from light rain and give you time to relocate if the rain gets heavier. The corners are reinforced with another fabric layer and pole pockets which adds to the sturdiness of the tent. It also helps delay the potential leakage.
The set-up is done in forty-five seconds and it can be done by one person.
The special feature of this tent is presence of YKK zippers which are durable. They won’t get stuck and broken from the wear and tear. Mesh panels are included, and they will keep you on a safe distance from bugs. Tent comes with a carrying bag that allows for easier transport.
4. Wenzel Magnetic Screen House, Black
The dimensions of Wenzel Magnetic House are 11 x 9 ft. Peak height is 90 inches. It can very easily fit over a picnic table.
It’s made out of 68D polyester and 68D mesh. The frame is made out of steel and fiberglass poles. Polyester is durable and see-through mesh will help you keep the bugs out and space inside ventilated and comfortable.
Wenzel House features fast feet for a very easy and quick set up.
Both back and front door have magnets and they will allow you to come in while your hands are busy, as well as close after you. It’s a great feature if you are one of the people that often forget to close the tent and let the bugs in, or you bring the kids or pets who often come in and go out.
5. Eureka Northern Breeze Aluminum Frame Screen House
The size of Eureka Northern Breeze House is 12 x 12 x 8 feet and it weighs 25 pounds. It can easily fit a picnic table if needed.
Eureka Breeze Screen House features 50D polyester no-see-um mesh walls and the aluminum poles which have a 1-inch diameter. The fabric used is UV-resistant 150D StormShield Splash cloth. It will keep you safe from sunny and rainy weather as well as insects.
The aluminum poles have cords that connect them to poles. The rings and pins are also included in the package and they are one of the main parts that allow the setup to be fast and easy.
Eureka Breeze Screen House has built-in curtains to protect you from the wind and rain from all sides. It also has two zip doors and a floor, which means that bugs won’t crawl through the gaps or underneath. The built-in curtains are very easily transformed into an awning to create more shade.
Best Screen House for Picnic Table Buying Guides
If you want to pick the quality, suitable screen tent, make sure to read our buying guides. They point out features that you should pay attention to and in what aspects they may be problematic if there are any.
Make sure that the floor dimensions are right if you plan on placing it in your yard. Don’t forget to leave at least a little extra space since sometimes cords, rods, and additional features can take a little more space than the floor itself. Also, think thoroughly about why you are getting the screen house – Is it for the kids, camping, to put over your home swings and then get the appropriately sized screen house.
Keep in mind the terrain that your camping screen tents will be exposed to. If you plan on taking it camping in good conditions, it’s better to have a screen tent which won’t have a floor. It will make your backpack or back of your car heavier while being in danger of getting damaged.
- Frame: Steel and aluminum are materials that are most often used in the construction of frames. If you opt for a lighter option make sure that you get the screen home with aluminum poles. Mind you, aluminum can be equally strong as steel when it comes to the frames.
- Mesh and Wall Panels: Materials ususally used in creation of camping screen tents are polyethylene and polyester. They are both durable and easy to clean.
Wherever you plan on using your tent, you want it to be durable. Check what materials make the tent and how they behave in the weather that it’s most likely to be exposed to.
It’s the dimension that people often forget about. If you plan on carrying it camping to the woods or placing it in your yard, bear in mind that height restrictions are possible. In your yard/patio it can be a telephone wire or if you are in nature it can be a branch.
- UV: It’s important that your tent has UV-resistant material if you plan on using it in very sunny areas as UV protection can make a significant difference compared to non-UV-protective fabric. Harmful rays can get through the fabric if it’s not chemically treated.
- Water: Bear in mind that water-resistance and waterproofness aren’t the same features. The first one can stop only a certain amount of rain, usually a light rain, but not a shower. If your tent is waterproof that means that no water should get in and there’s no way for it to penetrate the fabric unless it’s not set up appropriately or it’s damaged. This being said, if you are camping in rainy areas, opt for waterproof screen tent. You can also check out camping canopies.
- Enforced Corners: It’s a great addition if waterproof screen tent has enforced corners – That makes sure that the presence of seams and wrinkles doesn’t cause a leak.
- Double Entrance: Going to a picnic and camping very often involves a lot of coming in and going out of the tent, especially when it comes to the food preparations. camping screen tents that are used to cover the picnic table are much more functional when there are two exits/entrances so people can move more efficiently.
- Magnet Entrance: This characteristic can save you if you are trying to come into the tent with the hands full of barbeque or with a loaded tray. It’s easy to come inside without using your hands at all and it closes behind you automatically in most cases. The closing-automatically feature is also extremely useful since many people often forget to close the doors or leave them open while they are out grabbing something. It leaves the inside of a tent vulnerable to mosquitoes and insects. Automatic closing ensures that the number of insects that can come inside is significantly lessened.
- Fire-Retardant: If you plan on grilling near the tent, make sure that the fabric is fire retardant.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Question: Is 10×10 Screen Canopy Big Enough for a Picnic Table?
Answer: The 10×10 screen canopy is enough to fit most of the picnic tables since they are usually 6-8 feet long. You want to leave at least one foot from both sides of the picnic table so that you can move around it comfortably and not trip over something or damage the canopy mesh. This untold rule becomes even more important if you are bringing pets and children with you. They are known to be very active and move around. The extra space will keep them and you comfortable.
2) Question: How do you set up a screen house alone?
Answer: Firstly, unpack everything and look for instructions. If there aren’t any in physical form, there may be some online. If there are, make sure to follow them step by step.
If there aren’t, it’s possible that your screen house may be very hard to set up without the help of one person, depending on how heavy and big its parts are. Usually, the frame is built first, starting with the poles, connecting them if you have to and then securing them to the ground if possible.
Afterward, locate the tent, floor, and doors. Some tents are put over the construction and others are put under. You will see which side is the inside one by looking at the seams and zippers. To know whether you should hang it from the inside or out, look out for the hooks or some sort of connective element on the seams. If hooks are attached on the outside of the tent, then it should be connected inside the frame. If the hooks/cords are inside, they may go over the frame. Secure the tent from the inside by tying the cords to the frame. You should have a wall to lay the poles on if you are going to be doing this alone.
Having your kids and yourself protected during camping and picnic trips should be a number one priority. Picking out the best screen house for a picnic table is a kind of shelter that can help you battle insects, sun and rain while maintaining comfort. When you aren’t spending time in nature, you can use it in your yard or at your patio so you have a mosquito shelter all year round. It’s a convenient way to avoid repeatedly buying pesticides, lamps, incense sticks and chemicals. Additionally, it’s good way to keep an eye out for the kids from the comfort of a shadow. Having an evening dinner party during the summer had its pros and cons, but mosquitoes were always the deal-breakers. Luckily, if you pick an appropriate and quality screen house that won’t be a problem again!