Whether it’s summer or winter, seating near a fire pit in an open space can be great entertainment for all, irrespective of men, women, and even kids. But for this, you will first need the best chairs for around a fire pit.
Note: If you click a link on this page, then go on to make a purchase, we may receive a commission but at no extra cost to you. Learn more
While many homeowners will just pick any seating arrangement for their fire pit, this isn’t an ideal option. The chair needs to be functional and eye-catchy to serve your purpose. The International Casual Furnishings reported that 88% of Americans were deeply dissatisfied with their outdoor space and 55% wanted to upgrade it.
That’s why our patio researching team has singled out the seven best fire pit chairs to enjoy leisure time in coziness while meeting your functional requirements perfectly. Our selection covers all requirements for homeowners, from the most affordable to expensive fire pit chairs and from minimalistic design to contemporary ones to ease all fire pit arrangements.
Check this out with highlighted features, pros and cons, and an unbiased buying guide.
Why Do You Need A Chair For Fire Pit?
Let’s face it- people spend hours around their fire pit, but they often forget about the importance of a comfy seating arrangement. That’s pathetic.
You may roast a marshmallow or arrange a BBQ party or simply sit around the fire pit for hours without doing anything. This simply implies that most people will spend a good majority of their time on it.
That brings us to the importance of finding the right chair for around a fit; not just an affordable and durable option but, above all, a comfy seat.
It is essential because, just like your deck chair, you will spend long hours, and it may cause backache and may even affect your backbone. According to Better Health Channel, an improper and uncomfortable chair may cause weight gain, hips and back pain, and may even cause depression due to pain. Hence, you must pick a good chair for the fire pit that ensures maximum comfort. It will be a world of good for you, family members, and friends who often visit you and spend time in the fire pit chairs.
Also, it needs to be eye-pleasing and aesthetically good to fit any outdoor décor and arrangements.
7 Best Fire Pit Chairs in Detailed Reviews for 2022
Why do you want a fire pit chair? Have you asked yourself about it?
Well, you will want the chairs around a fire pit to spend cozy time with friends, family members, or alone. Hence, the chair must be functional. Urban Oasis is a Los Angles-based landscape design company and they found that most people now look for high-quality materials and upholstery for their outdoor space that could imitate their indoor comfort.
And the following seven chairs for around a fire pit will reap good results for you throughout the day to enjoy maximum coziness with families, friends, and even alone.
Chairs around the fire pit allow you to enjoy the cozy ambiance without any cold feel. These chairs also enhance the exterior home look. If you are keen to get a high-quality and eye-pleasing chair for the fire pit, take a look at the following reviews.
1. Lakeland Mills 4-Foot Cedar Log Love Seat
- Impressive sound quality and range
- Compact design fits tight outdoor spaces
- Weather and rust-free construction
- No detail lose in large space in high settings
- The bass quality needs slight improvement
- This love seat comes with a slight depression for better relaxation.
- The Cedar log comes straight from the logging industry and is eco-friendly.
- The Lakeland Mills-built chair is spacious enough for cuddling and a short nap.
- The chair is weather, rust, insect, and stain-proof to serve you for years and easy cleaning.
- Its natural wood construction gives people a more homely feel.
Take this Lakeland Mills made Love seats if you love decorating a patio or fire pit with a gorgeous appearance and elegance. Made from a renewable source, the chair is wide enough for cuddling and expressing love. Also, the rustic fire pit chair with its curved design personifies the old country look.
It’s made of natural Cedar. What’s more, Lakeland Mills has used the byproduct from the reputed log industry to present you with this beautiful chair. The natural cedar log used to make this love seat is insect and weather-resistant. It reduces damping wastage.
Its seat is slightly curved for achieving comfort and convenience. With such width, you can enjoy a short nap on it. However, the chair weighs almost 59 pounds, which disallows users to move it- but suitable for windy days. You won’t have to worry about storms blowing your favorite love seat.
Thankfully, the natural cedar log construction is stain and water-resistant. Hence, after years, you can use a wet cloth to wipe off the grime and still find a shiny and glowing fire pit chair.
VERDICT: This sturdy American-made real wood chair is ideal for use near or around the fire pit, patios, garden, and lawns. Also, made from byproducts, the chair helps us to make a better world.
2. Outdoor Interiors Eucalyptus Adirondack Chair
- Natural wood material
- Compact size
- Ergonomic curved design
- Not suitable as a loveseat
- Wood oil isn’t included in the package.
- The chair is made from solid eucalyptus wood to withstand every weather- from harsh winter to scorching summer.
- It comes with an ottoman for added comfort like a zero-gravity seating arrangement.
- The hard eucalyptus delivers teak-like performance at a budget-friendly cost.
- The chair is a low-maintenance item with annual oil maintenance only.
- The eucalyptus construction is treated further for superior durability and a handsome brown-pinkish appearance.
Thomas Lee, back in 1903, created the first Adirondack chair and it stills enjoys great popularity worldwide. Made from solid eucalyptus, this chair is treated with the best quality materials for rust and UV protection. Hence, you can keep the chair uncovered even outdoor without worrying about its lifetime.
Also, eucalyptus is hard enough to sustain years of wear and tear without any issues and needs less maintenance. Occasional cleaning with regular soaps and dishwashing liquids will do a world’s a favor to keep the shiny appearance of the wood on it.
The eucalyptus construction will turn to take a stylish pink-brownish tone over time that would make your neighbors envious of your fire pit and patio. And with a slight curve and space for footrest, this Adirondack chair brings the ultimate satisfaction to your power naps.
You will also love its compact and space-saving design. Also, the package personifies luxury, elegant look, and comfort with a built-in ottoman to make it one of the best chairs for around a fire pit for money.
VERDICT: The chair personifies elegance at home while the lightweight design is durable enough to make others jealous. Your patio or lawn around the fire pit will take a majestic look with this sustainable wood-made beautiful fire pit seating tool.
3. Keter Furniture Patio Chairs with Cup Holder
- Convenient, stylish, and functional
- Great affordability for every user
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- The chair needs slight assembly
- The chair comes in three beautiful finishes to complement any fire pit décor
- It includes a functional and convenient cup holder to stop drinking spillage
- Durable and all-weather resistant polypropylene material is rust, rot, and wrap-proof
- 1t 24lbs weight, this chair combines portability and high-wind resistance for outdoor use
- Cavity back construction ensures maximum comfort for all people who sit on it
Keter Furniture introduced the patio and fire pit chair to lazy people who don’t like holding their coffee or teacups while enjoying nature or reading books. Yes, the chair comes with a standard cup holder, which adds aesthetics and convenience to its checklist.
Apart from the cup holder, this chair ensures maximum comfort with an Adirondack style that never goes out of the trend. It has a slightly lean design for relaxation after a busy day. You will also love its durable, weather-resistant, and premium polypropylene construction. It successfully prevents fading, rusts, and dents. Thus, it remains the same years after years.
Cleaning the chair is also easy. You can use a microfiber cloth to wipe out dust and debris from it without worrying about wraps and damages. Another reason to include this Keter chair in our best chairs for around a fire pit review is its versatility. And that too in a reasonable price range.
You can use it around fire pits, patios, lounges, poolside, and even as a beach chair. Also, with 24lbs weight, this chair successfully withstands stormy conditions while still being a portable option.
VERDICT: With its popular Adirondack style, the Keter chair will be the perfect addition to your fire pit setup. It is stylish, affordable, and convenient with a cup holder.
4. Patio Sense 61469 Coconino Wicker Chair
- No maintenance cost.
- Value for money
- Easy assembly
- Beautiful mocha finish
- Not a high-end luxury chair.
- Sometimes the recline is too much for comfort.
- The Coconino Patio Sense Wicker chair is made budget-friendly to meet the middle-class requirement with ease.
- Its wicker construction is usable in allweather conditions with increased durability.
- The chair is so lightweight that even a kid can handle it to rearrange the patio and fire pit seating arrangement.
- Its reclining style is a perfect match for daylong enjoyment and relaxation.
- The inclusion of a beige cushion helps provide comfortable seating.
This beautiful fire-fit chair is made of wicker material. It ensures lightweight, portability, and comfy ventilation, which is still the most durable chair right after rattan material. This chair is adequately comfortable, sturdy, and also has a stylish look to bring a different flavor to home décor. Its Mocha finish adds luxury to the home while still being an affordable option for a tight budget.
The chair is a bit larger. But if you ever wish to remove the chair, you can since it weighs only 22 pounds. However, the chair is out and out an outdoor fire pit furniture with an all-weather resistant wicker construction.
Also, Patio Sense has added a beige cushion to add comfort. It is weather-proof for durable usage. And then its wicker material brings joy during relaxation. But, please be patient as not to expect high-end luxury and durability from this budget fire pit chair.
The assembly of this chair is super-fast too. It needs only 10 minutes to assemble the chair. Lastly, customers loved its low-maintenance and admired the facility with high aspirations.
VERDICT: Despite being a lower-end budget chair, the chair with optimal comfort, durability, and a contemporary look is ideal for outdoor fire pit use.
5. Lifetime Faux Wood Adirondack Chair
- Durable polystyrene construction.
- Spacious and so suitable for large guys
- Attractive appearance
- Low maintenance and affordable
- Tough to assemble
- Not ideal for small patio area
- The outdoor chair is constructed with stain and weather-resistant faux wood.
- At 16.7 pounds weight, the chair is portable and so easy to store.
- Faux wood design requires no maintenance after the purchase.
- It is available in six different color schemes to fit into any home décor.
- UV protection allows use in sun rays with crack, chip, and peel-proof.
Lifetime is committed to bringing people with a lifetime worth of experience, and this time they did it with the addition of this Faux Wood Adirondack chair in the industry. At present, this Adirondack chair is one of the top-selling and affordable fire pit chairs. You can bet on its quality construction, comfort, and durability.
When it comes to design and appearance, the Lifetime fire pit chair earns a thumping victory over its counterparts. Its classic look brings aesthetic and aristocracy to the outdoor space. With a combination of attractive looks and affordable prices, this Adirondack chair gives serious competition for the best fire pit chair title with any high-end model of its class.
The chair is slightly reclined and has an optimal adjacency with the floor to become a perfect match for poolside and beach uses. Its reclining feature ensures maximum comfort after long working hours.
At 16.7 pounds weight, you can drag the fire pit rocker chair anywhere. The chair is made of Faux-wood. Since faux wood is weather and stain-treated, you won’t experience any annoying blisters on it. The cleaning is equally made easy with a simple swipe.
VERDICT: Talk about affordability and premium look at a single fire pit chair, and this Lifetime Faux Wood Adirondack chair will win people’s hearts again and again. You will love the way this chair transforms your home outdoors into a luxury resort.
6. Giantex 4-Pack Patio Folding Chairs
- Convenient transportation
- Breathable mesh
- Reasonable price for a 4-chair set.
- Average appearance
- This Giantex made chair set comes with foldable legs for convenient transportation and storage even in cars.
- Its fabric is stretchable as well as breathable for superior comfort and relaxation.
- The backside of the chair has an ergonomic design with a slight tilting angle for a better head position and resting.
- The heavy-duty steel construction is more durable and stable than regular chairs.
- The breathability brings extreme comfort during hot days.
These Giantex chairs are extremely portable, thanks to their comfortable folding facility as you get through the name. Also, these are primarily built for patios. With a 4-pack of chairs and a reasonable price, this set is a real win-win deal for homeowners.
The chair is compact and so usable in both outdoor and indoor spaces. With a weight of about 15 pounds, moving the chair is extremely easy. And wherever you use the chair, it’s ready to deliver you smooth and comfortable relaxation.
Thankfully its Textilene makeup comes with a pseudo fabric that will stretch to increase your comfort as you sit on it. It also helps in breathability with proper ventilation. Plus, a slightly straight head and ergonomic gives it an edge over other chairs.
Just as its comfort and coziness, this chair delivers picture-perfect construction that is flawless. The mainframe is made from heavy-duty steel. It adds to this brilliant seating arrangement’s overall durability and stability, making it one of the best chairs for around a fire pit.
VERDICT: For those who love traveling and also want to carry a convenient seating arrangement for relaxation, this chair set is meant for them. The solid structure of the chair is ideal for use around the fire pit, patio, or camping.
7. Christopher Knight Home 300390 Livingston Outdoor 4 Piece Club Chair Set
- A total package
- Perfect for lounging
- Classy appearance
- Easy cleaning
- Needs assembly
- Not moveable
- Christopher Knight Home has included a complete package- chair set, cushions, and a formidable fire pit with this excellent product.
- The chair set is made of wicker faux that is weather and water-resistant for durability.
- Its fire pit is big enough to warm a common outdoor space.
- The chair and cushion provide superior comfort.
- The overall arrangement needs almost zero maintenance.
This premium fox wicker chair set of four pieces is so elegant and comfortable that no adjective is sufficient to describe its high-performing features. The chair set includes an eye-catchy and high-performing fire pit, which further boosts its affordability and functionality. Isn’t it tempting?
The fire pit furniture is made from premium quality faux wicker, which gives an almost wood-like feel without the maintenance hassle. The chairs are supported well with a pair of water and weather-resistant cushion set. So, you won’t need to worry about its durability. The 100% polyester-made cushions come with a neutral dark grey finish that suits most home décor.
The chairs are spacious enough with a good backrest for relaxation and lounging. Also, the cushion perfectly matches the softness and stiffness to provide you with a comfortable seat.
Hence, you will enjoy the seating arrangement and love spending more time on and around it than anywhere else. That’s how beautiful and cozy this Christopher Knight chair set is!
VERDICT: If you don’t like buying a fire pit and then looking here and there for the seating arrangement, this fire pit plus a chair set is your best option to go for the fire pit seating arrangement.
Types of Outdoor Chairs for Fire Pit
Outdoor fire pit chairs are available in many different styles and materials. Hence, you need to know which type of outdoor chair would best fit the fire pit arrangements. You may use the following suggestions for it-
How Far Should Your Chairs be From the Fire Pit?
You have brought the best fire pit chairs and are willing to seat in them during the airy evenings. Well, that’s perfect until you place the chair too close to the fire pit and call for some unwanted emergencies.
This brings us to the important question, “What is a safe distance for fire pit chairs from the fire pit?” Also, it is crucial if you want to place a table along with the chairs to make the space more functional and useful.
While it may come with varying answers, Outdoor Living by Belgard suggests placing the chairs at least three to four feet away from the fire pit. Their contractor recommends that putting the fire pit chairs 4-ft away from the pit allows creating a walkway between the seating arrangement and the fire pits.
For gas or propane fire pits, The Outdoor Greatroom Company came with the following practical suggestions –
- Any combustible materials (mainly chairs and tables) should be at least 2 feet away from the edges of the fire pit burner
- For wooden or wicker chairs keep them 3 to 4ft away since these elements are more combustible than metal or plastics.
And for wood-burning fire pits keep the chairs at least 30 inches away from the fire pit. It is because wood fire pits burn more than gas fire pits.
Therefore, when you arrange your outdoor seating space near the fire pit, maintain these safe distance guidelines. It is crucial since the NBC News reports found that nearly 5800 people were admitted in emergencies in 2018 due to fire pit accidents, mostly burns. It was 3X more than the reported cases in 2008. So, you must always follow the safety measurements to place your fire pit chairs safely from the fire pit.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are fire pit chairs expensive?
In general, both patio and fire pit chairs are expensive compared to dining and any standard chairs. The main reason for the expense is their UV protection and special preparation for all-weather usability. However, you can still find some affordable options that we have mentioned in our lists, such as Lifetime Faux Wood Adirondack Chair and Keter Furniture Patio Chairs with Cup Holder.
2. Which is the best fire pit chair style?
Adirondack chairs are a leap above any chair for your fire pit arrangements. These chairs are mostly wooden and feature an unmatched style that you will love. Also, you may choose wicker chairs as an affordable yet classic option.
A fire pit will only become enjoyable when you can sit around it comfortably and relax. This brings the real significance of the best chairs for around a fire pit.
So, we came up with these seven best fire pit chairs that will fit everyone’s budget and personality. If you love the environment, you can choose Lakeland Mills, for breathability, Giantex is ready to serve you and if you want something on a tight budget, go for the Patio Sense.
To speak the truth, all these seven best chairs for around a fire pit come up with unique qualities to fulfill everyone’s requirements. So, what are you waiting for? Pick one of these chairs and transform your backyard into a luxury resort.
Henry Jurk is an experienced architect with over 20 years of expertise in paving. He shares his knowledge and provides solutions through his blog posts at OkPatio.com. If you have any questions about patios, gardens, and outdoor spaces, you can find the correct answers from Henry. You can contact him via email at email@example.com or through the website’s contact page.